INFO : PET PORTRAITS
Honour your own beloved pet or give the perfect gift to a friend!
Here is a bit of information to get you started, but please feel free to ask any questions that I may not have answered here.
PRICING - Starting at $175+HST
Pet portraits are generally $175+hst for a chest-up portrait. Depending on the detail in the fur or colouring the price might be slightly more. I can confirm the pricing when I see the image you would like to use. If you want to do a full-body image, that is also possible. Similarly, I will need to see the image to give you an accurate price.
It is important to choose a good quality image in order to get the best result. One thing to keep in mind - the artwork will look like the photo (minus the background), but illustrated. It is favourable to select an image that works well as a portrait (sitting up straight as opposed to laying down or rolled over). Blurry or low-resolution images are harder to work with because it can be hard to make out the detail in the eyes and that is one area that I feel can make or break a portrait.
Here are some samples of ideal vs not as ideal images, and hopefully they can help you in your image selection.
Ideal Images: crisp and clear with a good pose
Not Ideal Images: images cut off, dark shadows covering details (eyes), strange angles
I do understand that sometimes it can be difficult to track down the perfect photo, so by all means if there is a photo that you absolutely love that is on a weird angle or cut off, I can work with that as well, but the final piece will look the same.
I can make it any size up to 12"x16". I do suggest picking a common frame size to avoid expensive custom framing. Larger sizes are available, but I will have to get a custom printing quote depending on the size. The most common sizes I see chosen include 8"x10", 8.5"x11", 11"x14", 12"x16" OR Square 8"x 8", 10"x10", 12"x12".
Timelines fluctuate during the year, so it's best to reach out and let me know what your ideal timeline is and I will do my best to make it work. Leading into September/October, bookings for the holidays fill up quickly, so please keep that in mind if you are thinking of holiday gifts.
Estimated completion times are also dependent on the communication back and forth during the approval stages of the piece. I usually base my estimates on a 1-2 day reply after I've sent over the artwork/edits.
BOOKING / DEPOSIT
To secure a spot, I do ask for a 50% non-refundable deposit to schedule the piece. The other half and shipping (if required) are due at the end of the project. I kindly ask that the final payment be sent before I ship out the final piece unless you are picking it up, in which case you can choose to pay upon pick-up.
Generally, $5-20+hst depending on size and service selected (in Canada). Free local pick-up in Hamilton, ON is also available.
1. From the provided photo, I will draw the black and white linework of the piece.
2. I will send the image to you for approval. If you require any revisions, I will make those and send it back again for approval.
3. Once approved I will move on to colouring.
4. I will send you the coloured artwork. If you require any colour revisions, I will edit and send it back again for approval.
5. Once the colouring is approved I will send it to the print shop. Note: the final piece is a signed print due to my process. Since it is a signed print, additional copies are available for $10+hst each.
6. Once received back, I will sign and package the piece and ship it out. If you prefer to pick it up locally in Hamilton, we can arrange a pick-up date and time.
7. I will also provide a digital copy that you can use for your computer, phone, wherever, as long as it is for personal use and not used commercially. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.
+ Revisions do not include deciding to use a different photo after I've started to draw the piece. Please take care in choosing the photo you want to use.
+ Edits that require moving back a stage (ie. editing the original drawing once we've moved on to colouring), will incur an additional charge based on the edit requirements. Please be mindful when sending back feedback and approvals.
Please don't hesitate to ask for clarification regarding any of the items above.
TO GET STARTED
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also use the contact form on my website to reach out. If you are able to send the photo in your email, I can confirm the pricing in my reply. If you are still trying to track down the perfect photo, that is ok too and I can give you an estimate.
Thank you so much for taking an interest in my custom work!